Player age Exceptions. These rules apply to teams that play in Wyoming League ONLY:
1. With the exception of the rules regarding U15 8th graders, no player may “play down” on a team, except as follows:
a. If a club does not have a team for 1 over-age player the club president will submit to the executive board a statement attesting to that fact. Such statement must be submitted in the manner approved and provided by the state office. Currently - request by email the state office.
b. If there are 2 or more over-age players the club can create a team for those older players; i.e. the existing team can “age up”.
2. Teams can have no more than 3 U15 8th-graders and will register as a U15a team. U15 players in high school are not eligible for such teams. U15a teams play in the U14 division of Wyoming League.
3. A club’s president must petition the executive board to allow any player to “play up” more than 2 years.
a. A fee, as determined by the executive board, will be charged
b. Such petitions must be received in the state office no fewer than 2 weeks before the team’s first scheduled league event.
EMAIL WYS - to request a player to play down.
- Sun. April 7
- Sun. April 14
Sat. April 20
Sun. April 21
Casper Spring Jamboree - April 13, 2013
Snickers Big Horn Soccer Cup - May 11 - 12, 2013
Age Groups - Please see the new league rules for age groups
U8 - U10
U11 - U12
U13 - U15a (U15a is a team that has U15 8th graders)
U15 - U18 6v6 (fall only)
Wyoming League Rules:
Complete and accurate home field information is critical to scheduling games. Each club is responsible for maintaining this information and using the system chosen by the state office. The WYS league administrator has the discretion to not schedule games for clubs that do not keep their home field information updated.
No Guest Players
- U8 teams playing in the U8 league will play 6v6 with 11 on a game roster
- U10 teams play 8v8 with 14 on a game roster
- U12 teams will play 11v11; all 11 v 11 games will use a full size field.
- Offsides is called for U10s & Number of Refs is 3
- Recommendations for Field Sizes All Age Groups
Referee Fees and Game Length:
Age Group Center Referee Assistant Referee Game Length
U10 $20 $12 25 min/half
U11/12 $20 $12 30 min/half
U13/14 $25 $20 35 min/half
6v6 HS Age Teams $30 1 ref/if 2 refs split the fee 30min/half
Referees are to be paid in full at the BEGINNING of each game. Team listed as HOME TEAM (on schedule) pays referees.
Age Group Team Roster* Game Roster
U10 18 14
U11/12 22 18
U13/14 22 18
6v6 14 12
Under limited circumstances the team roster can be expanded; the game roster cannot. Make such requests, including a brief description of why, on the team registration form.
Every team must have an official team roster and can present a different game roster for each Wyoming League game.
Every season the teams that make up each division are very different. Because of this it is impossible to follow specific policies regarding travel, home games and the level of competition within an age group. Wyoming League does consider the following when scheduling games:
attempts to limit travel to no more than 200 miles one way
the availability of referees and fields in a given area
the age of the team
regional alignments, if practical
double header weekends if possible, especially for the younger teams
In addition, special requests regarding siblings on different teams or a coach with multiple teams cannot be considered and home games cannot be guaranteed.