WYOMING LEAGUE 2017 - COME JOIN THE FUN!!
Hello WSA League participants, Wyoming Soccer Association competitive club League is upon us.
Quick update on WSA qualifying rules for Wyoming Cup to be held in Casper May 27-29, 2017. Your TEAM must have played in an approved league, minimum (3) competitive games, AND attended a Wyoming Soccer Association sanctioned qualifying tournament that is not your own clubs event, and have a roster continuity of at least 80% for these events. These events must have occurred in Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 season, or a combination of both.
Each team must play a minimum of 3 games – requests should be made when the team registers for league. There is no guarantee that requests will be accommodated – scheduling is based on the teams that register for league across the state.
U8 $ 125.00
U10 $ 260.00
U12 $ 300.00
U14/15 $ 340.00
U20/16 $ 375.00
Failure to Perform
A team that refuses to take the field without cause, refuses to travel to a scheduled game without cause, or quits a game prior to its completion shall be noted by the referee on the game card and submitted to the league administrator. For the first instance the team’s club will be fined $150.00; for the second instance the team’s club will be fined $300.00. Any additional violations by the team or other teams from that same club will result in a disciplinary hearing by a WSA disciplinary committee
Player Age Exceptions
These exceptions apply ONLY to teams in Wyoming League:
- Wyoming League, unless otherwise communicated in advance by WSA, shall divide play among participating teams by the age divisions prescribed by US Youth Soccer. (See the Player Age Bracket chart at the WSA web site.)
- Wyoming League age groups can include U9 – U20 teams.
- A player is eligible to play in a specific age group so long as his/her birth date falls within the dates outlined in the Player Age Bracket chart.
- With the exception of the rules regarding U15 8th graders, no player may "play down" on a team, except as follows:
- All exception requests must be submitted by the club president or if authorized, by the club registrar.
- If a club does not have a team for 1 (one) over-age player the club president will submit to the executive director a statement attesting to that fact. Such statement must be submitted in the manner approved and provided by the state office.
- If there are two or more over-age players the club can create a team for those older players; i.e. the existing team can "age up".
- Teams with "playdowns" can not advance to regional events with the overage players on the roster (President's Cup and Far West Regional)
Under very limited circumstances the team roster can be expanded; the game roster cannot. Make such requests, including a brief description of why, on the team registration form.
- Every team must have an official team roster and can present a different game roster for each Wyoming League game.
- Team Roster: official listing of the maximum number of registered players eligible to play for a team. The team coach must have a copy of the official roster with him/her.
- Game Roster: listing of registered players who will participate in a particular game. These rostering rules apply to Wyoming League only.